3 Tips for a healthier week
Here are a few tips to get you started for a healthier week. As a basic rule remember it shouldn't matter as much how much you eat once you burn off more calories than you take in. That said, better again if you can resist the sugar train, and take the healthy road. This mix of healthy tips and small challenges can help you get on track and ramp up your fitness for summer.
Pick a goal for the week
- It should be simple and ambitious, but realistic. For example, lose 3 pounds this week and train 3 times.
- It should be more important than having that extra bite, and should motivate you to get up, get out and not miss class!
- Find the time to do a ten minute walk or jog extra, so even if you have a class or swim planned. Get out for an extra ten minutes walking or jogging. If you are already a jogger - go for a ten minute run.
Monitor your water intake
- Count your glasses of water. Start with 2 glasses first thing to give yourself a mini inner shower and cleanse to kickstart.
- Remember to drink throughout the day and write down each time you have a glass/bottle.
5 minutes pelvic tilts. These can be done anywhere and really help build your core strength and strengthen your back as well as toning your tummy. Do them wherever you are. Whilst lying down do another 5 mins stretching and breathing.
A treat is not a treat if it is hurting you getting to your goal. Perhaps it is just a bad habit.
Whether that is a favourite chocolate bar, a cappuccino, a crisp sandwich or takeaway indulgence. Find a new non junk related treat for this week. Share what you have swapped on my facebook page. A take-away for a fake-away? A bar for homemade protein balls? A coffee catch up with a friend for a walk on the beach.